- Use the library to navigate to the screen where you can select the type of question.
- Click Comprehensive Integrated Puzzle.
- Enter a title.
- Enter your question.
- Add one or multiple (media)file(s) if desired.
A source file means you can add a PDF that will appear as a separate pop-up window during the test.
A media file is an image that is shown together with the question.
- Click Add Column to add columns. You can do this as many times as you want.
- Click Add Row to add rows. You can do this as many times as you want.
- Enter the title of the row and click Close. Repeat this for each added row.
- Enter the title of the column and click Close. Repeat this for each added column.
- Enter the correct answer in each box and click Close.
- Select Use distractors to enter more possible answers in order to distract the student from the correct answer. Enter the distractors for each column.
- Enter the score that needs to be awarded when the question is answered correctly.
- Click Save and close.
- Click Options at the top right.
- Click Options in question text if you want to display the answer possibilities in the question text.
- Select the scoring type. Should students receive a part of the points if they have answered a part of the question correctly (Polytomous), or do they need to answer everything correctly to receive the points (Dichotomous)?
4. If you have chosen the Polytomous Scoring type, you will have to choose between the following options:
- Score per cell: the score will be divided equally among the number of cells.
- Full/no score: the student will receive the full score for the row if the entire row has been filled out correctly. If they have made one or more mistakes, the students will receive 0 points for the row.
- Partial score: the student will receive the full score for a row if it has been filled out completely correct. If they have made one mistake the student will receive 50% of the points. For two or more mistakes they will receive zero points.
Feedback on questions
Feedback set per question can be displayed during a candidate review, or in a formative exam. Here feedback can be displayed after answering a question or at the end of the exam. You can choose between general or detailed feedback.
- Choose General if you want to display general feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter general feedback about the question.
- Choose Detailed if you want to give detailed feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter feedback for the correct and incorrect answers.
The candidates can use the workout box to clarify their provided answer. These notes will be stored and can be viewed during the marking process.
Select Allow workout box for candidates to allow candidates to have the possibility to argue or calculate their answer.
While compiling the exam you have the option to allow the workoutbox for all questions, none or the selected questions. Please discuss your preferences with the faculty coordinator.