You can use the Library to navigate to the different collections that have been shared with you (you cannot create them yourself; collections are created by the Faculty coordinator). Collections can be used to organize your items. For example, you can create collections that contain items with a certain subject; items used in a specific course; items for a specific level, etc. Within a collection you can add, edit, delete, and share items as well as add labels. This is all done from the Collection homepage.
Items are always created within a specific collection. All actions concerning the editing and ordening of your items are taken on the Collection homepage.
- Use the navigation bar on the left to navigate to Library.
- Click on the collection that contains the desired item. You will be navigated to the Items tab of the collection.
In the overview you will find an Item ID for each item, what type of item it is, the score you can obtain for this item and the status. Via the three-dot icon on the right side of the bar, you can add or remove columns, for example 'last modified' or 'version'.
Use the buttons in the top navigation bar to:
- Select the item that you wish to export by checking the box in front of this item.
- Select Bulk-actions.
After selecting Bulk-actions, you have the following options:
1. Export: select the box in front of the item to select it for exportation. Then select one of the two Export options which you can find under Bulk actions. You will see a notification indicating the item is being downloaded, after which the download will appear in the upper corner of the screen. The download will consist of a zip-file containing the exported item.
2. Copy: select the box in front of the item to copy it. Then click Copy, which you will find under Bulk actions. The copy will appear at the top of the list of the items.
3. Change status: The status will show whether the item can be used in assessments, or whether it is still in the draft stage and/or needs a review. In order to quickly change the status of an item you have to select the box in front of the item and then select the new status under Bulk actions > Change status.
4. Change item purpose: The item purpose determines whether you can use the question in formative tests, summative tests, or both. To quickly change the item purpose of an item you have to select the box in front of the item and then select the purpose under Bulk actions > Change item purpose (when you select None you will be able to use the item in both summative and formative tests)
5. Change topics. Here you can either add a topic to the selected item, or remove them.
Please note: By bulk-assigning topics you will remove already added topics to the questions you have selected.
6. Add labels to an item or remove labels.
Via the Share button at the top right, you can share the collection or give other users permission to use items from the collection. This option can only be performed by the faculty’s digital assessment coordinator and the course coordinator.
You can adjust the settings of the collection via the three-dots icon at the top right.
If you want to use an item in a test, you have to set the status to Live.
On the Collections homepage you will find multiple possibilities to filter and sort items, which allows you to find them more easily.
- Use the search bar to search for items based on name, item-ID, label, or key word.
- Click Filter to filter by Label, Question Type, Status, Taxonomies, Learning Objectives, Topic and/or Status.
- Sort the items based on name by clicking Questions.
- Sort the items based on item-id by clicking Item ID.
- Sort the items based on high or low possible score by clicking Score.
- Go to the Collection homepage and click the three-dot icon.
- Click Collection settings.
- Change the Title of the collection.
- Change the Prefix of the collection that is used by Cirrus to generate item-id's.
- Click Save.
For each item in a collection you will find statistics. These can be found by going to the Statistics tab (second tab) while on the Collection homepage.
You will find an overview of the items in the collection, of which you will immediately see the question, item-id, and the type of question. Click the three-dot icon to remove or add columns, for example 'Chance score', 'Used in' and 'Given Answers'. Or click on the information icon in front of the question to view the details of that question.
The statistics that (can be) shown for each item:
- Chance score: the chance score is the chance that students will answer the question correctly. Cirrus will display this score as a percentage of the maximum number of points a student can acquire for a question. For example: with a multiple choice question with four possibilities a student will have a 25% chance to answer the question correctly. If the maximum number of points would be one, the chance score would be 0,25. If the question would be worth 3 points, the chance score would be 0.75. The chance score is not available for fill in the blank items, numeric items, short answer items, essay items, and existing answer questions.
- P-Value: the p-value shows whether the question is difficult or hard (meaning many students answer the question right or wrong). Cirrus calculates the p-value by taking the average score of all students and dividing it by the maximum score for that question.
- PC-Value: the pc-value displays the same as the P-value, but it also contains the chance score.
- Answered: The amount of times the question has been answered.
- Given answers: shows how many times each answer option was chosen.
Status : provides an indication about the difficulty of the item and whether that makes it a good item or not. The options are Hard, Medium and Easy:
- Hard means that P = 0.0 - 0,3
- Medium means that P = 0.3 - 0.7
- Easy means that P = 0.7 - 1.0
You will only see the statistics once an item has been used in tests and after the tests have been submitted.
Statistics of items provide a better insight when reviewed on assessment level. See How do I use assessments for more information.