With Cirrus you can easily add videos from your computer or from an external source to your items. You can add videos from Youtube or Vimeo to your questions in Cirrus.
If you want to add a video that is saved in your computer library, go to the page How do I add media elements.
When you want to use videos from YouTube or Vimeo, you do not have to add them to your library. Instead you can stream them directly from the external source. Large videos can also be streamed directly from the source rather than added to your library. To do so, the videos first have to be online. Then you have to add the video you want to stream to the item. Open Youtube of Vimeo in de browser en zoek de video die je wilt tonen. Als je deze aanklikt om af te spelen, krijg je de juiste URL in de adresbalk te zien. Deze kun je kopiëren om later in het item te plakken.
Go to Youtube or Vimeo in your browser and find the video that you want to add. When you click on this video, you will find the IRL in the address bar. Copy this URL.
- Go to Cirrus, and use the navigation bar on the left to navigate to the Library.
- Click on the collection that contains the item to which you want to add the video.
- Click Add and select the desired question item or open an existing item.
- Click on the video icon and paste the video's URL.
- Click on the check mark, the video is now added to the item.
Cirrus uses a HTML-5 player. That is why it is important to remember the following things:
- Start the question with text, so that the video will appear on the second row. If you start with the video, your item will be called <untitled>.
- If you enter a start time for the video, it will start at this point. However, when a student presses replay to watch the video again it will start at the beginning rather than your predetermined starting time.