Create candidate review
With the candidate review you can show the exam, complete with individually given answers and your annotations as well as the scores, to the students who have participated. Each student will be able to see the assessment on their own account. You can determine how:
Before you can schedule a candidate review:
- all results after assessing have to be submitted
- and all results have to be published
- Go to Marking in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click on the Candidate review tab.
- Click Schedule review.
- Search for the right exam and click on the title.
- Click Schedule review again on the top right in the next screen.
- Go to the Candidates tab.
- Click Add candidates.
There are multiple ways to find a candidate:
- Enter the candidate's name in the search bar.
- Click on the filter symbol and then click Search hierarchy. You can now browse through the hierarchies until you have found the level of your assessment. Confirm your choice by clicking Choose.
- Click the green magnifying glass to perform the action.
- Select all students from the list by clicking the box at the top.
- Select single students by clicking the box next to their name.
Confirm the selection by clicking Add at the bottom of the page.
If you click Close you will return to the review overview page.
The selected candidates have now been added to the review.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Enter a review period.
- Always means that the review will be shown on the student accounts permanently. This action cannot be reversed.
- Set time span means the review will be visible for a specific amount of time. Choose a start time and end time (to be sure, add a buffer of about an hour for the end time). This is the recommended setting.
- Select the desired candidate experience.
- Summary will only show the questions and the points achieved.
- Detailed will show the questions, the answers provided, the right answers, and the achieved points. This is the recommended setting.
- Score report will show a brief overview of the results as well as an overview of the accomplishments based on on the learning objective goals.
- Add Feedback.
- Show annotations means the student will be able to see the annotations and remarks the assessor has added for open questions.
- Add Security.
- Lock-down browser limits the review to specific computers, meaning it cannot be viewed on other devices. Do not use this option without consulting the faculty coordinator!
- Use pin code to make the review available only after you have entered a pin code at the beginning of the session. This way you can limit the access to the review (and the exam questions) to the people who are present in class. This is the recommended setting.
- Click Save.
- Click Schedule to confirm the review and make the planning final.
- Remember that you should NOT select 'Send email to candidates.'
- Below To Do you will see if you have forgotten a setting before you make the planning final.
- Click Schedule again.
The review has now been sent to the student accounts and will become active at the time you have set up.
Click here for more information about starting the review itself.