It is possible to update a question which has already been added to an exam or has been used in an exam. Cirrus differentiates between:
- Item revisions.
- Item versions.
Item revisions refers to a change in the title text, the question, the text of the answer alternatives or the feedback. Furthermore you can also add a picture or pdf to the question.
- Navigate to the Library on the left hand side. You land on the Collection tab.
- Click on the collection in which you want to update an item.
- Click on the item which needs updating.
It is possible to make the following adjustments:
- The title.
- The question.
- Adding and removing resources and / or media files.
- The text of the possible answers.
Click on Save or Save and close when you are finished.
After saving the question, a warning message appears. Select Yes to update the question in the assessment automatically.
A new version of an item is created after one of the following amendments is made:
- Adding or deleting of an answer alternative.
- Amending the maximum score to be awarded.
- Changing the correct answer.
- Changing the seed item (yes or no).
- When changes are made to:
- scoring type: polytomous or dichotomous
- maximum number of candidate selection
- set the maximum number of words for candidate's answer.
- Click Save for the changes to be implemented.
- After saving a new version is created.
The message that the change affects the psychometric data of this item, appears after saving the changes. Click Yes to implement the changes. In the library the new version number is visible. After the update of the item, the changed item is not yet updated in the assessment.
Updating the edited item in the assessment
Open the assessment and you will an update message being displayed. Select Update to add the latest version of the item to the assessment.
The message will appear that a new version has been created. The new version of the assessment will have the status draft . The new version of the assessment will also need to be published.
If you want to use the amended item you will need to change the status of the assessment to live and publish the assessment. If you do not publish the changed version, than the schedule will use the previous version of the assessment. After applying the update and publishing the assessment the version number will be plus one. You do not need take any further action in the schedule.