With Zoom Webinar you can present or have a class with a group with a maximum size of 1000 participants. Only the people you have selected will be visible in the screen, which is different from a Zoom Meeting. In addition to the chat, participants can respond by asking questions in the Q&A. You need an additional license for Zoom Webinars in addition to your regular Zoom account. You can request an account via the Radboud University ICT Service Centre.
Use your browser to plan a Zoom Webinar session. Navigate to https://zoom.us and log in using your Radboud Zoom account.
- Navigate to Webinars.
- Click Schedule a Webinar.
- Name the webinar.
- Add a description if needed.
- Choose when you want the webinar to start and how long it should last.
- If you want the webinar to be a reoccuring event, check Recurring webinar.
You can then choose how often and until what date you want to repeat the webinars.
- Select the option Registration Required if you want participants to register before they are able to participate.
- Select whether you want the camera of the host and panelists to be turned on or off when the meeting starts. When you click Off, both the hosts and panelists are still able to turn their camera on during the meeting.
- Choose whether you want to use the Q&A option in addition to the chat.
- Select Enable Practice Session. This allows you to start the webinar before the chosen date and time, allowing you to practice with your panelists.
Enter the email of the cohost. They can then start the webinar in your absence.
The cohost has to be a RU employee.
- Click Schedule to save the webinar.
You can send participants a link to the webinar. You can find the link at the botton of the planned webinar.
- Click the Invitations tab at the bottom of the planned webinars.
- Choose whether you want to copy the link, or send an invite to yourself first.
Add guest speakers as panel members
You can add a webinar guest speaker from outside the RU as a panel member. They do not need a Radboud Zoom account. You can start a practice session together with your panelist before the webinar begins.
- Go to Invitations at the bottom of the planned webinar.
- Click Edit.
- Enter the name and the email address of the guest speaker. The email address should match the Zoom account of the guest speaker.
- Choose whether you want to send the invite right away. If you turn this off, you can use Resend to send the invite at a later moment.
- Click Save.
You can add multiple people as panelists at once.
A panel member can:
- speak and be on screen
- participate in the practice session
- share their screen
- answer the questions from participants in the Q&A
- see the participant list
A cohost can also:
- start the webinar
- start a survey
A host can also:
- end the webinar
- create surveys
The complete list with rights can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000252726-Roles-in-a-webinar
If you want to use the settings for the webinar more often, you can save the planned webinar as template.
- Navigate to Webinars.
- Navigate to Upcoming.
- Select the webinar of which you want to use the settings as a template.
- Click Save as Template at the bottom.
- Name your template.
- Click Save as Template.
The template can now be found in Webinars below Webinar Templates.
- Click the name of the template to view the details.
- Click Edit this Webinar Template to change the settings. Changing the settings only affects new webinars that are to be planned.
- Click Schedule a Webinar with this template to plan a new webinar with the settings of this template.