How do I make a Sharing Group in my ePortfolio?
Making a Sharing Group
- Click on the Sharing Groups screen.
- Click on New Sharing Group to make a new Sharing Group.
In the orange area you can see all the Sharing Groups that you have created or where you have been added to.
- Click the Name text box to give the Sharing Group a name.
- Click on the Description text box to give the Sharing Group a description.
- Click on Add Users (beneath Sharing Group members) to search for a new group member.
Sharing Group members only appears after you give the Sharing Group a name.
- Search for the first name, last name, email address or U-/E-/S-number of the group member that you want to add.
- Click on the name of the group member you want to add.
Repeat the above steps until you have selected all group members.
Beneath Add Members you can see which users you will add to the Sharing Group.
The permissions of the group members can be changed at Assign Permissions.
- Select the See comments from others check box to show the recipient comments from others on the shared items.
- Select the Add comments check box to allow the recipient to post comments on the shared items.
- Select the See assessments from others check box to show the recipient assessments of others on the shared items.
- Select the Add assessments check box to allow the recipient to give assessments on shared items.
- Select the Edit check box to allow the recipient to edit the layout of shared items.
- Click on Add.
When sharing an item, the option is again given to set permissions. However, the rights that are set when creating the Sharing Group itself are dominant, and the permissions set during Sharing do not override the permissions set here.
Click Save and Close to make the Sharing Group.