How do I add (a link to) a video to my weblecture? Content | Weblectures
The feature that allows the slides to be shown in weblectures does not have the ability to show videos, even if you show a video in the presentation. If you want to show a video off the internet that you have used in your presentation, you will have to add the link to the video in the weblecture.
- Go to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Navigate to the (sub)module that contains the weblecture you want to add the video to.
- Click the weblecture.
- Click Edit (top left).
- Click Widgets (fifth tab).
- Click Add a Widget.
- Give the widget a clear (short) title.
- Upload an image in Icon, so you know which widget is what video.
- Use Embed Code to enter the embed code of the video. This way, the video will be visible immediately for students. You can also paste the link to the video. Students then have to paste it in their browser and open it.
- Click Save all changes to save the changes.
The widgets will appear in a window where you can search for certain slides.
- Return to the weblecture.
- In the top right corner you will see the slides icon, the search icon, and now also the icons for the added widgets. Click the right icon to open the desired widget.
- The widget will fold out, just like the search window for the slides. After you have embedded a video, it will be visible immediately. If you have entered a link, it will be visible here and students can then paste it in their browser.
- The navigation bar allows you to switch between slides and widgets. Click on the cross to fold in the window.