How do I add audio and/or video to my course? Content | Upload/Create
In the Content menu of your course you can add course material like audio and/or video files. You can add these files to a (sub)module so that every new media file will appear as a topic within this (sub)module.
- Go to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Go to the (sub)module to which you want to add a media file.
- Click on Upload/Create.
- Click on Video or Audio. A new window will open.
- You will land on the tab Web Video or Audio. Click on Upload if you want to upload a video from your computer.
- Search for the video you want to upload, for instance on YouTube. Copy the url and paste it in the editor. You can also copy an embed code.
- Add a title.
- Click Save. You will now go to the newly created page of this topic.
- We recommend that you add audio or video files to Kaltura before you add them to your course. This ensures that the audio and video files are securely stored and maintained on the media server of the Radboud University. You can add media files to Kaltura via Kaltura My Media after which you can add them to your course.
- If you want to know how to edit the properties of the topic or how to move the topic to a different place in content, please read the article How do I change the properties of a topic and how do I move a topic?
Embedding means enclose content and usually a photo, audio, or video file into Brightspace that has been published on a different page. Embedding means you will view the file from its original source, just like when you copy a url. You embed a file when you don’t want a link to the original source in your text but want to see it directly. Brightspace will always embed media files even when you add a url. Embed codes can usually be found when clicking on a share button on a website (e.g. YouTube).