Important: final and partial course grades must always be processed in OSIRIS.
There are many different ways to carry out evaluations within Brightspace, and you have the opportunity to customise a lot of settings to your liking. With Grades you can:
- assess course components quickly and easily.
- calculate results precisely and automatically.
- keep a clear overview of students grades in the grade book.
- communicate results to students in a controlled manner.
- which evaluation model you use to calculate grades.
- the way you want to evaluate different components of your course.
- which course components do/do not count for the final course grade.
- the way in which unevaluated course components count for the final course grade.
- the way that Grades are displayed.
- the information visible to the students.
- when students are able to see their course grades.
Below a recommended workflow is presented for setting up Grades for your course:
- Decide what you want to evaluate (and grade).
- Determine how many tests you want to give (these include assignments, quizzes etc.)
- Determine the weight of these tests in relation to the end grade.
- Configure your grade book with the Grades Setup Wizard.
- Set up grade categories in the grade book: files that enable you to group together similar grade items (for example to add up three assignments to a final assignment grade that in turn determines 50% of the final course grade).
- Fill the grade categories with grade items. (for example: three assignments in the category Assignments).
- Create tests in Brightspace (for example: assignments or quizzes).
- Attach the grade items to the tests.
- Check (and edit) your grade book.