Beeld and Geluid (Image and Sound) at school is a media platform from the Beeld and Geluid Institute. A collection of video and audio fragments have been made available for use in education. The website is in Dutch only.
Log in and find videos
- Navigate to https://beeldengeluidopschool.nl (in Dutch).
- Click Log In.
- Click Inloggen met Surfconext/Log in with Surfconext.
- Choose Radboud Universiteit and log in using your username and password.
- On this page, click Ja, ga door naar Beeld en Geluid op School | Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid/Yes, continue to Beeld and Geluid in School | Dutch Institute for Image and Sound).
- Use the search bar to find materials.
Save video materials in lists
It is possible to add a video to a list, to make it easier to retrieve them later.
- Navigate to the video you want to add to a list.
- Click the list icon to add a video to a list within Mijn Materiaal/My Material.
- Click Later bekijken/View Later to add the video to the list Later bekijken/View later;
- Create a new list. In this example, no previous lists were created.
- After creating a new list you still have to select it. Click the name of the list.
- Click Mijn Materiaal/My Material.
- Then click Lijsten/Lists to retrieve the created lists.
Cut fragments and add them to a Brightspace course
- Navigate to a fragment with the search bar or go to a fragment in your saved fragments via Mijn Lijsten/My Lists.
- Click Maak Fragment/Make Fragment.
- Move the left slide to the beginning of the fragment you want to cut.
- Move the right slide to the end of the fragment you want to cut.
- Change the title and description of the fragment if desired.
- Click Bewaar fragment/Save fragment.
- Choose a list where you want to save the fragment.
The list containing the saved fragment will now open automatically.
- Click the share icon.
- Click Kopieer naar Klembord/Copy to clip board for Embed code.
Add clip to Brightspace
- Navigate to the course you want to add the video to.
- Navigate to Content.
- Click the (sub)module you want to add the video to.
- Click Upload/Create.
- Click Video or Audio.
- Paste the copied embed code in the upper field.
- Add a title.
- Click Save. The fragment will now be visible for students on the spot you have selected in Content.
The first time you will receive a warning (We blocked this for you) with the question if you trust the external website in the iframe. Click Allow and then click Next.