How do I use Groups? Administration | Groups
An instructional video is included for this subject. This instructional video will provide a step-by-step explanation on how to use groups within the course. A written manual can be found below the video.
Groups allow you to divide the students who participate in your course in smaller groups for administrative or pedagogical reasons. You can decide whether you want to enroll all students into groups or just a specific number and whether you want to review their work as individuals or as a group.
Groups allow you to:
- Enable students to work together as project group on an assignment like a presentation or paper.
- Create peer feedback groups to allow students to learn from each other’s work.
- Split up large tutorial or lecture groups into smaller groups for a specific day of the week.
- Create discussiongroups based on a specific group topic.
- Create groups for students with specific pedagogical needs (for example an honours group for students seeking additional challenges or a group for students who need additional guidance).
- Create a group for every student, allowing them to create and write a blog.
You can give every group its own:
- locker (a groups specific digital storage that allows a group to digitally share their files without interference from other students).
- discussion topic.
Students can be enrolled for multiple groups at once and you can decide whether the groups are automatically created and filled by Brightspace or if you allow students to enroll themselves into the group they prefer. This allows students to work on an assignment within their predetermined group, receive additional tasks via their honours group and can discuss a specific topic of interest in a group they chose themselves.