How do I make a rubric visible for students? Content | Upload/Create
When you add a rubric to an assignment, you can make it visible for the students in your course. This way they can use the rubric as a guideline when they work on the assignment.
Students can always view the rubric in the assignment itself. Furthermore, you can add the rubric to Content. This allows you to disclose the rubric to students when the assignment is not yet accessible. You can also create a module for the used rubric(s), so students can find them easily.
You can create a new topic for the rubric in Content, but you can also add the rubric to an existing topic. You can add the rubric to the topic, or in the description of the topic in the (sub)module.
- For example, you can add the rubric to the topic that contains the assignment the rubric belongs to. When you use the rubric for multiple assignments, you can create a new topic for the rubric.
- The benefit of adding a rubric in the description of the topic of the (sub)module is that the student can access the rubric directly from the (sub)module. If you add the link to the tpoc, the student has to open the topic first before they can access the rubric.
The rubric has to be attached to an assignment if you want to add it to Content.
Add a rubric in a topic
- Navigate to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Click the (sub)module to which you want to add the rubric.
- Click Upload/Create.
- Click Create a File.
- Give the topic a title.
- Add a description if desired.
- Click the quicklink icon. A pop-up window will appear.
- Click Rubrics.
- Click the rubric you want to add. If you cannot find the desired rubric or want to add a new rubric, click Manage Rubrics. The Rubrics homepage will open in a new window.
- The link to the rubric can now be found in the description.
- Click Save and Close to publish the topic for students.
The topic is now visible in the (sub)module. When students open the (sub)module, they can use the link to access the rubric.
Add a rubric to the description of a topic in the (sub)module
It is also possible to make the rubric visible directly in the (sub)module.
- Click the arrow next to the topic.
- Click Edit Properties In-place.
- Click Add a description.
- Use the quicklink icon to add the rubric the same way as described above.
- Click Update.
Rather than open the topic, students can now click the link for the rubric directly from the (sub)module.